tkinter text width

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 26 20:01:46 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I would like for a tkinter text widget to be aware of how big the frame that
contains it is, then I would like for it to reset its width to the
appropriate number of characters when this frame changes size.

I can get a cget("width") for the text, but this does not dynamically reflect
the visible width.

One way I can think of is getting the size of the font used in the widget then
getting the width of the frame with cget then doing the appropriate math and
configuring the text widget upon resize events.

I'm thinking that there must be a more straightforward way.

Any ideas?

James

--
James Stroud