mod_python and zope

grahamd at dscpl.com.au grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Apr 1 00:44:07 EST 2005

David Bear wrote:
> I will be running zope, and I would also like to run mod_python. The
problem
> arised when zope wants a threaded version of python and mod_python
wants
> no_threads.

Threads work fine with mod_python. What makes you think they don't?
What
versions of Apache/Python/mod_python are you attempting to use?

Although threads work okay with mod_python, there are a couple of
patches
you might want to look at applying to mod_python if you intend using a
multithreaded MPM. Details of these can be found at:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/patches.html

BTW, for discussion of mod_python issues, the mod_python mailing list
might
be a better place.