Getting the sender widget's name in function (Tkinter)

tiissa tiissa at nonfree.fr
Thu Apr 28 15:18:03 EDT 2005

Cameron Laird wrote:
> In article <42712098$0$26202$626a14ce at news.free.fr>,
> tiissa  <tiissa at free.fr> wrote:
>
>>So far, the OP is proposed the choice to either use the event/bind
>>mecanism or use different callbacks for his different buttons (either
>>with the method I proposed or not).
>
> Is there general understanding that "use different
> callbacks ..." can be implemented as "parametrize the same callback
> with a widget-specific value"?

Tough questions thou ask! Again I can't answer about general
understanding. ;)

However, having myself proposed such a solution in this very thread (and
hinted about it in the above sentence), I do hope most people (at least
those interested in this issue) will be aware of this kind of trick
(without any restriction on the actual implementation). :)