Thoughts on some stdlib modules

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Sun Apr 10 09:29:32 EDT 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Kay Schluehr wrote:
>
> > You have already given the arguments in Your discussion above. I
> > personally never use the standard-lib XML parser, but pyRXP/pyRXPU
> > which is fast, stores objects in pythonic list/tuple/dict
structures
> > and provides access by lazy tagging
>
> it's also GPL:ed, and the namespace support is totally broken.  there
> are faster solutions out there with Python-compatible licenses.
>
> </F>

Interesting. Which implementation "out there" ( so not in the std-lib )
that maps the whole XML into an internal structure and makes it easily
accessible is currently faster? Remark: I have a clearly limited
perspective on this issue. I did not recognize that namespaces are
broken in pyRXP because the XML-docs with which I deal in my company
are used for storing data that are used in industrial production where
one XML-doc matches one system. Those XML are tool-generated and used
as a replacement for initialization-files ( size ~ 1MB - 5MB ) and are
never broken because they are self contained.

Regards,
Kay