semicolons

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser+python-list#python.org at sigpipe.cz
Mon Apr 11 19:17:17 EDT 2005

# mage at mage.hu / 2005-04-12 00:14:03 +0200:
>        Hello,
>
> I amafraid of I will stop using semicolons in other languages after one
> or two months of python.

    Writing in multiple programming languages is just like writing or
    speaking in multiple human languages: you just need to obey the
    rules of the different grammars and pronounciations.

> However I see that python simply ignores the semicolons atd the end of
> the lines.

    That's not true.

> What's your advice? I don't want to write full-of-typo php scripts

    Then don't.

> but I see the logic of the python syntax too.

    Different languages have different "logics". You need to stick to
    the right set of rules appropriate for the language you're using.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.