Installing Python 2.4 on Linux

Edward Diener eldiener_no_spam_here at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 13:30:33 EDT 2005

Joseph Garvin wrote:
> Another solution is to just install 2.4 and then make an alias for
> yum='/usr/bin/python2.3 yum' or whatever the path is :)

If it were just 'yum' under Fedora 3, I could probably do that but
looking at the dependencies on the python2.3 package in Synaptic there
must be about 50 other packages mentioned. Which one of these
specifically use python2.3 to execute their .py scripts and which ones
just use python2.3 shared libraries is another matter which will take
much work to discover. But thanks for your suggestion nonetheless.