Which IDE is recommended?

Matt Feinstein nospam at here.com
Wed Apr 27 11:18:18 EDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:16:29 +0800, "monkey" <m at m.com> wrote:

>Read through python site for programming tool, really plenty of choices :-)
>(For c++, I just can't breath with very very limited choices)
>
>Tried Spe, it come with wxGlade built-in very nice(is Spe still actively
>develop?). But seem that Boa Constructor and PyDev(the plug-in for Eclipse)
>also worth looking. Actually which one are you guys using? and why? I think
>it is also valuable for those who are new to python as me.

If you intend to use Python for Matlab-like calculations with
numerical arrays and plotting with Matplotlib, then ipython is the
right choice-- it has a special 'pylab' mode that is Matplotlib-aware,
allowing you to make plots interactively (as well as various other
useful features).

Matt Feinstein

--
There is no virtue in believing something that can be proved to be true.