OOP

Charles Krug cdkrug at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 28 13:58:47 EDT 2005

On 28 Apr 2005 10:34:44 -0700, demon_slayer2839 at yahoo.com
<demon_slayer2839 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey yall,
> I'm new to Python and I love it. Now I can get most of the topics
> covered with the Python tutorials I've read but the one thats just
> stumping me is Object Orientation. I can't get the grasp of it. Does
> anyone know of a good resource that could possibly put things in focus
> for me? Thanks.

"Learning Python" (Lutz/Ascher) has a good discussion of the basics.

Unfortunately, most of the OOP writings I've read fall into two
catagories:  Trivial examples where you say, "But why Bother??" and
examples that you don't understand until you've some OO design under
your belt and can understand what it's all good for.

Objects are, at the end of the day, data and the accompanying methods.
Once you've read the various tutorials take a stab at converting a
problem you know well into objects.

You'll get it wrong at first.  Most everyone does.  Don't sweat it.
Eventually, you'll just "get" it.