Can .py be complied?

monkey m at m.com
Wed Apr 27 09:40:49 EDT 2005

> And then example.pyc will appear beside example.py. This new file does
> not require example.py (you can even delete it), and works on any
> computer with Python installed

Filip, you can read through my mind (-: You just told me what I want to know
exactly, even I can't ask the question correctly. Thx..

> python24\python -OO)
> and then import your example.py, you will get a file example.pyo,
> which is also stripped of any documentation strings (a bit harder to
> decode).

Is .pyo still not secure for serious purpose? The -OO function refer to
which area of python that I can read a doc in details?

> The end-user needs the JRE, not Python.
>
> Kent

Actually I still not dare to touch Jython, because I am still digging python
now. But the JRE may not attract end-user, because it is still associate
with "slow" and "eating much system resource", although Java is sure a
respectfully programming language. What do you think?