Which IDE is recommended?

alex alex at quad.com.ar
Wed Apr 27 12:39:30 EDT 2005

jeff elkins wrote:

>Is Boa actively used? There doesn't seem to be much activity its mailing list.
>The tutorial fails for me using python 2.3.5, wxpython 2.5.3.2 and Boa 0.4.0
>under debian sid.
>
>Jeff

Boa is not a dead project if that's your concern, maybe it's not getting
a lot of attention, but the cvs is getting some decent activity, 0.4.x
was recently released, and I've seen some bug reports being fixed in cvs
quite fast too.

It's really a great product if you can live with its poor documentation
and its constraint-oriented design (as opposed to sizer oriented)
yes I know it supports sizers, but it wasn't designed for it, and you'll
probably end up manually coding the sizers because the built-in support
is really weird.

anyway,  I consider boa the best rad tool for wxpython, it could be
better.. but it's still the best of its kind imho.

regards,
Alex Verstraeten.