Can .py be complied?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri Apr 29 15:29:45 EDT 2005

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:
[...]
> There's nothing wrong with open source projects catering to a market,
> and there's nothing wrong with running open source software on a
> proprietary operating system. To behave otherwise might reduce the
> growth opportunities for Python and its community.
>
> no-zealotry-please-ly y'rs  - steve
[...]

I'm hesitant to label everybody who disagrees with you (and me) on
that a zealot.  Though I tend to take the same side you do, I'm not
entirely sure it's not just laziness on my part that I think that way.

Seems to me that holding opinions such as "it's a bad thing to support
open source software on closed source systems, and you should not do
it, for the common good" is far from crazy, even though I don't
currently happen to hold that view.

John