templating system

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Apr 12 23:03:15 EDT 2005

Ksenia Marasanova wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I've read "Known issues and caveats" on the website:
>
> """
> EmPy was primarily intended for static processing of documents,
> rather than dynamic use, and hence speed of processing was not  the
> primary consideration in its design.
> """
>
> Have you noticed any speed problems with EmPy?

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm the author of EmPy.

All I meant by that note was that EmPy was not primarily designed for
blazing speed; that is, it could easily be made much more efficient in a
lot of ways.  I've never had a need to do so, so it's always been low
priority.  I've certainly never heard of any complaints of EmPy's speed
(or lack therefore) as being a problem in the field.  Unless you huge
realtime demands, I doubt EmPy's speed would be a major impediment.  (Of
course, if you find that it is, please tell me!)

   A wise man never loses anything if he have himself.
   -- Montaigne