C++ app. with python scripting IDE ?

Gonzalo srm at netverk.com.ar
Mon Apr 25 14:09:43 EDT 2005

Hi everyone!
I want to develop a C++ application, which must be scriptable (I'm
considering to use Python or Lua). The end users should develop and run
their scripts in an IDE, and the scripting language must be extended
with specific functions related to my application. The IDE should have
debugging capabilities (step by step execution, breakpoints, watching
variables, etc. )

What would be the best option in order to develop this using Python as
the scripting language (scheme, configuration, IDE, free/commercial
tools, etc)?

What language is more suitable for this project, Python or Lua?

Thanks in advance.