Propagating poorly chosen idioms

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 15:35:03 EDT 2005

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Unittest's API is difficult enough for me to remember (at least the initial
> framework I need to put together) that I generally hunt down some previous
> unittest usage, clone it and start from there.  I no longer have any idea
> what the original unittest example was that got me started using it in the
> first place (probably something in the distro's docs).  I can only hope it
> was a good example.

That's a really good point.  I do the exact same thing.  It's not like
Unittest is all that complicated, but it's just complicated enough that
I can't remember all the details when I want to write a new one...  I've
been putting off looking into py.test for a while, but maybe I need to
finally do so...

STeVe