Can .py be complied?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Apr 27 10:24:15 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-27, monkey <m at m.com> wrote:

> Yes, I want more options. Since the python doc mentioned
> py2exe only, and it is difficult to understand how it
> work.(may be you guys know C and make file, but I am still
> foolish here...)

py2exe has nothing to do with C or make files.  You create a
setup.py file containing a couple lines of python.  You run
that python program, and you end up with an .exe file and some
associated .dll files.  I typically use inno-setup to create an
installer.exe that creates a desktop icon and start-menu entry,
but that's optional.

> Is that means a .py convert to .pyc or .pyo, without the need
> of "make file" as using py2exe?

Huh?  You don't need a make file for py2exe.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'd like TRAINED
                                  at               SEALS and a CONVERTIBLE on