web authoring tools

Brandon J. Van Every mylastnameruntogether at mycompanyname.com
Mon Apr 11 13:29:58 EDT 2005

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1671.1113204815.1799.python-list at python.org:

> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>
>> Ideally, I would like an open source website + html design tool
>> implemented in Python
>
> didn't you just say that ideally, you wanted a tool written in lisp or
> scheme?

I honestly got a little tired of the tone of the answers I was getting
from that crowd, about what an idiot I am.  My query there is still
ongoing and perhaps genuinely useful answers will arise, but in the
interest of time I thought I'd initiate Plan B.  The Python universe has
a much larger cadre of web designers than the Lisp / Scheme universe, so
I figured the answers here would be of a higher quality.  I don't think
Python is appropriate to all programming tasks, but it's definitely
appropriate to web development and I wouldn't mind using / contributing
to open source web development tools written in it.

> did you try the one frank wrote for you?
>
>     http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/6df9eb74bfd1
>     6310

No, because although it's amusing, it doesn't accomplish anything I wish
to accomplish.  Currently my website does exactly what I intend it to do.
I want to see how long it is before I actually do something about it, and
when people say "Your website is down" it actually amuses me.  Plus
reminds me that perhaps I should do something.

> (for python tools, start here: http://www.python.org/topics/web/ )

Thanks!

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur