Can .py be complied?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Apr 27 12:12:37 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-27, monkey <m at m.com> wrote:

>> py2exe has nothing to do with C or make files.  You create a
>> setup.py file containing a couple lines of python.  You run
>> that python program, and you end up with an .exe file and some
>> associated .dll files.  I typically use inno-setup to create
>> an installer.exe that creates a desktop icon and start-menu
>> entry, but that's optional.
>
> Is py2exe used to make a .exe file to install .py, or make the self-contain
> .exe file of the program itself?

The latter.  It's not completely self contained, there is an
..exe and some dll files that need to be distributed together.
It's explained very clearly by the py2exe web site:

  http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

Never used google before?  Just go to www.google.com and type
in py2exe.  Click "search".  It's the first hit.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is something VIOLENT
                                  at               going to happen to a