Howto debug c++ (SWIG) extension under Windows

Alexander Eisenhuth newsuser at stacom-software.de
Tue Apr 26 05:06:24 EDT 2005

Hi alltogether,

I use ActivePython 2.4.1 , also the debug part from
http://ftp.activestate.com/ActivePython/etc/ and VC 6.0 unter Windows XP.

I can't figure out howto debug my c++ extension. If i compile it as
release version, I've of course no chance to set a breakpoint. If I
compile as debug I get the Error-window:

... missing MSVCR71D.dll ...

when I try to start or debug my application. Now I've only ;-) two
questions:

1) Is it possible to debug a C++ extension in that environment anyhow ?
2) How do I have to setup the development environment in that I can debug ?

Thank you in advance for your ideas, links, help, hints or whatever ...

Regards
Alexander