How to reload local namespace definitions in the python interpreter?

test1dellboy3 at yahoo.co.uk test1dellboy3 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 05:01:30 EST 2005

Hi,

I am a beginner using the python interpreter. To reduce typing effort,
I created a module called "aliases.py" containing some aliases for
objects I commonly use like -

aliases.py :

import filecmp, os, commands

op = os.path
go = commands.getoutput
dc = filecmp.dircmp
p1 = '/mnt/usbkey/flash/'
p2 = '/mnt/fat32/myfiles/flash/'

When I start up the interpreter, I can simply type -

from aliases import *

This works fine, but each time I change any of the definitions in
aliases.py, I
have to restart the interpreter and type "from aliases import *"
again. Is there any way to reload these definitions without restarting
the interpreter?

-Slath