Best editor?

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Wed Apr 6 03:38:58 EDT 2005

    Miki> Emacs (or VIm in my case) takes time to learn. However when
    Miki> you start to understand it and know you way around it'll do
    Miki> things no other editor will do for you.

Other editors also do stuff Emacs won't do. Code completion is a
killer feature and emacs sucks at it (yes, w/ Cedet too).

Emacs is pretty good for Python if you can't wait for something like
Eclipse+pydev to start (which is a good choice, and worth
learning). Emacs is not necessarily worth learning unless you are an
emacs user already. Emacs also looks so horrible in Linux that I tend
to go for Kate when I'm at home.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb