Python Win32 Extensions and Excel 2003. OL 11.0 Supported?

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Apr 20 17:58:40 EDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:05:54 -0400, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com>
wrote:

>Mudcat wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I could have sworn I downloaded a version of python win that supported
>> object library 11.0 at some point. However I just downloaded versions
>> 204 and 203, and the highest version they have is OL 9.0.
>>
>> Does anyone know if this is a mistake or if Excel 2003 isn't yet
>> supported with the extensions?
>>
>I was under the impression that makepy just listed the libraries it
>found on the system it ran on. Is this wrong?

This is my impression also.

Basis 1: Observation: E.g. client machine with Excel 2000: OL 9.0. My
machine: OL 10.0 and (no kidding) 5.0

Basis 2: Reductio ad a[db]surdum [1]: Where else would makepy be
getting its info from? Would we really expect pywin32 to have all the
info available to support all libraries ever used on any Windows
machine? How long would the download take? What would be the legal
implications of [re]distributing all that Microsoft-created stuff?

Cheers,
John

Note [1]: What's happened to the martellibot? Not a post for over 2
months! Who else will leap in and tell me which of adsurdum and
absurdum is better usage?