Can .py be complied?

monkey m at m.com
Wed Apr 27 05:06:51 EDT 2005

Thanks all of you guys, I found that python newsgroup is of wealthy
knowledge:

> If you would like to obfuscate your code (disguise it) without an
> executable you can try pyobfuscate as well.
>
> Harlin Seritt

Yes, I want more options. Since the python doc mentioned py2exe only, and it
is difficult to understand how it work.(may be you guys know C and make
file, but I am still foolish here...)

> It is generally not very easy or straight-forward.
> For now, you can use pyfreeze to snap the application.....
> If your application does not use any C modules, you can try to use
> Jython instead.
>
> Cheers
> Maurice

If using Jython to complie, is the end-user need JRE instead of Python
installed, or need both of them?

> I don't know the exact details, but try using the compiled Python
> scripts (bytecode). I believe they are semi-optimized and platform
> independent. They are the .pyc and .pyo files generated when the script
> is run.
>
>ryan at ryankaskel

Is that means a .py convert to .pyc or .pyo, without the need of "make file"
as using py2exe?