Fwd: how to find the drive in python/cygwin?

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Sat Apr 30 10:44:55 EDT 2005

Hi All--

Jason Tishler wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> It depends on your needs.  If you are looking for a more Unix-like
> Python, then the Cygwin version would probably be better.  If
> Windows-like, then the native Windows version would probably be better.
>
> The OP seem to be interested in a Cygwin Python solution -- not a
> Windows one.  So, I was just clarifying that the win32api module is not
> supported under Cygwin Python.

Could you clarify?  I always thought that the only thing really
different were the default path assumptions--/ instead of \, and so
on--rather than anything substantive.  I try to use os.path.sep() and
os.path.join(), etc.

What else could bite me?  ;-)

Metta,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
http://www.andi-holmes.com/
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours