client-client connection using socket

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy gandalf at geochemsource.com
Thu Apr 7 05:27:34 EDT 2005

ajikoe at gmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have two client computers, each has its own host name.

  Hello,

I did not understand your problem. I do not see cleary what you want to do?

When you say "client", do you mean a client in a client-server architecture?
Maybe you want to create a peer-to-peer connection -- that is not the same.

>  #Server program. Could we use client hostname here ?

Of course you can use the client's hostname. But for what purpose?

>    print "connected from:",addr

You can do a reverse DNS lookup here to get the hostname of the client.

>  #Client program

Ok, it seems to me that you have one client and one server. Am I wrong?
Do you want to create a connection socket between the two clients?
Is it your problem?

  Laszlo Nagy		      web: http://designasign.biz
  IT Consultant		      mail: gandalf at geochemsource.com

     		Python forever!