Python & MySQL

jason.massey at gmail.com jason.massey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:39:26 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've got a weird problem.  I was running Python 2.3 and MySQLdb and had
everything running fine.

Cutting to the chase: After upgrading to 2.4 (and latest modules) the
MySQLdb functions in Python can connect to the database, do queries and
do inserts.

Or rather, it seems to do inserts.  If I just run in the Python command
line and manually connect to the database and do an insert and then a
query on what I just inserted the info is there.

However when I use SQLyog to look at the database the info isn't there.
 When I close down Python, restart, reconnect and query the info isn't
there.

Info inserted from SQLyog is persistant.

Has anyone had any problems like this before?

thanks,

jason