New Python regex Doc (was: Python documentation moronicities)

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Mon Apr 18 20:07:34 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 01:40:43PM -0700, Xah Lee wrote:
> i have rewrote the Python's re module documentation.
> See it here for table of content page:
> http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python_re-write/lib/module-re.html

For those who have long ago consigned Mr. Lee to a killfile, it looks
like he's making an honest attempt to improve Python's documentation
here.

Mr Lee, I hope you will submit your documentation changes to python's
patch tracker on sourceforge.net.  I don't fully agree with some of what
you've written (e.g., you give top billing to the use of functions like
re.search while I would encourage use of the search method on compiled
RE objetcts, and I like examples to be given as though from interactive
sessions, complete with ">>>" and "..."), but nits can always be picked
and I'm not the gatekeeper to Python's documentation.

Jeff