pythonic use of properties?

Wed Apr 20 12:54:00 EDT 2005

Michael Spencer wrote:
   <a generally excellent summary of when and what to validate>

> ... of course there are cases where data must be validated.  For
> data stored in one type, and used in many contexts - I would validate
> where stored. If the reverse, then validate at the point it is used...

The big exception to this rule is "temporal" -- data used long after
storing is a candidate for more validation.  This rule applies "in
spades" for persistent data (stored in any form of database).  The
rule is to catch issues where you can figure them out.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org