c-extension crashes unexpected

Markus Wintermann garz at tmft.net
Fri Apr 22 20:13:47 EDT 2005

John Machin schrieb:

> Some suggestions:
>
> 1. Try Pyrex. You get to write in a higher-level language and it does
> all the boring ugly error-prone stuff for you -- this includes
> reference counting as well! Look at the C code that Pyrex generates,
> to see what Pyrex is saving you from.
> 2. If you still insist on DIY, look at some of the Python source code
> in the Modules and Objects directories to see how it is done.
> 3. Examine carefully the book or whatever you have been learning from.
> If it doesn't cover topics like always checking for errors, throw it
> in the garbage bin (and tell the world via this newsgroup). If it does
> cover such topics but you've been ignoring it, well then, it's up to
> you what you do next :-)
>
> HTH,
> John

many thanks.

it works now, but i´ll try to do the whole thing with pyrex.
because i´m not so familiar with error handling.
i tried to write this with some tutorials and there is always written
something like:
"i know it´s no nice style to have no errorhandling but for excercise
purpose that´s not necessary."
and i never know what to add.
luckily now the good pyrex will do this for me,
if i get it to work.