Doubt regarding sorting functions

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Apr 11 01:44:11 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 05:50:11 +0100 (BST), praba kar <prabapython at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>          I am new to Python.  I am in need of
>some sorting functions (eg) numerical sorting
>functions and alphapetical sorting functions.
>I have searched through net But I cannot
>find any regarding this so If anyone know
>regarding this. Kindly mail me as early as possible
>
>with regards
>PRabahr

Frankly, your claim to has "searched through the net" is not believable,
unless you are not using a search engine such as google, in which case
go to google.com (assuming you know how to do that) and type in something
like

    sorting site:python.org

and press enter. The "site:python.org" will limit the search to
what is available on the python.org site, which has a high concentration
of Python-relevant information.

Perhaps this will help someone avoid a seemingly helpless or lazy post like yours.

BTW, a request to "mail me as early as possible" is more likely
to get favorable consideration if you explain why you can't
monitor the newsgroup postings for a reply.

Regards,
Bengt Richter