Using Ming on Windows

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 23 19:59:12 EDT 2005

Jack Diederich wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 05:13:29PM -0300, Andr? Roberge wrote:
>
>>I tried to install Ming
>>(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ming/)
>>on Windows to use with Python *but*
>>I can't [/don't know how to] use "make" to install it.
>>
>>Does anyone know where I could find a ready-made compiled
>>version for Windows to just "put in" my site-packages directory.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> Ming seems to be abandoded/unsupported.  Use groups.google.com to
> find some hints on how to install it.  I've done it on linux, but
> never tried on windows (why would I?) and replied with some
> suggestions last time it came up on c.l.py
>
> -jackdied
I installed MinGW on a Windows XP with no trouble.  One needs to install
MSYS, as well as MinGW, since some modules (eg. make) are only available
in MSYS.

Currently, I am trying to build a package from source and have some
unresolved problems.  Earlier I had tried to use the Borland
commandline, without success.

Colin W.