goto statement

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Apr 20 11:15:18 EDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:13:32 +0300, rumours say that Maxim Kasimov
<kasimov at i.com.ua> might have written:

>but what if i just can't to do this becouse i'm working thrue ssh, and have to use only installed editors (such as vi)

If you use plain vi (not vim) and you want to comment e.g. 5 lines of
code, go to the first of these five and:

- if autoindent type:

	5>>O^Dif 0:{ESC}

^D above is Ctrl-D, {ESC} is your Escape key

- if noautoindent type:

	YP^Cif 0:{ESC}j5>>

^C above is literal ^, literal C, *NOT* Ctrl-C; {ESC} is your Escape key

To control autoindent, you can type:

:se ai

or

:se noai

If you need more help, I would gladly send you the output of `man vi'
from a non-GNU Unix.  I can also send you the output of `man vim' from a
GNU system.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.