printing with wxPython

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Apr 13 14:57:44 EDT 2005

Fabio Pliger wrote:
> Yeah,
> There are two about printing... there is also an example in the wxDemo...
> but they all talk about printing text... In my case i need to print (or at
> least to make a print preview) a bitmap (or a panel...)

The technique used should be the same.  Basically
you need to be doing draws directly to a Device Context
(or whatever DC stands for...temporary memory lapse)
and then you can draw to the screen or to a printer,
as required.

I don't know offhand what routine is used to draw
a Bitmap into a DC, but I'm sure it's reasonably
well documented under the various DC methods.

-Peter