Problem with embedded python - bug?

Ugo Di Girolamo Ugo_DiGirolamo at invision.iip.com
Fri Apr 29 12:34:09 EDT 2005

I have been having a few more discussions around about this, and I'm starting to think that this is a bug.

My take is that, when I call Py_Finalize, the python thread should be shut down  gracefully, closing the file and everything.
Maybe I'm missing a call to something (?PyEval_FinalizeThreads?) but the docs seem to say that just PyFinalize should be called.

The open file seems to be the issue, since if I remove all the references to the file I cannot get the program to crash.

I can reproduce the same behavior on two different wxp systems, under python 2.4 and 2.4.1.

Ugo