ntvdm problem on win2k

Al Christians achrist at easystreet.com
Sat Apr 9 14:00:08 EDT 2005

I started having some problems running python programs (python 2.3) from
the Win2k command line.  I would get crashes with an NTVDM error.  Even
just executing python would cause it.  I upgraded to python 2.3.5, and
no difference.  When I rearranged my path to move cygwin and a bunch of
other stuff (.net, etc) after C:\python23, the problem went away.

Is this problem known to anyone but me?  Any diagnosis, solution of 12
or fewer steps, or support group?   If I'm distributing python programs
(python 2.3.5 packaged with py2exe) should I warn or notify the
recipients that this is a possible problem with the programs?

TIA

Al