XML over HTTP

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Thu Sep 16 07:10:22 EDT 2004

Am Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:50:53 -0700 schrieb Tertius:

> Hi,
>
> A client is *not* able to use XML-RPC but *can* send plain XML over HTTP.
> I will parse the XML myself and return appropriate response.
>
> What do I need to do / use to serve the clients request?  (synchronous)

Hi,

You need httplib to send a http-request to the server.

On the server you need some http-server. You could use
CGIHTTPServer of the standard library.

You need a cgi-script which parses the request with e.g.
the library xml.sax. This script returns a string
which will be send to the client.

You should be able to solve by only using modules
from the standard library.

Happy Programming,

 Thomas