mod_python authenhandler example

Golawala, Moiz M (GE Infrastructure) Moiz.Golawala at ge.com
Wed Sep 15 16:17:20 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I am new to mod_python. I installed it yesterday and was trying out the mod_python authenhandler example in the documentation. When I typed in the url to go to a web page, sure enough a modpython asked me for the username and password and I was in. However when I close and reopen the browser and go to the url, I get in without authentication. If I change the expected password in the code and reload the page, I am asked for the username and password. But once in, I am never authenticated again no matter how often I reload the page or even restart the browser.

I don't know if there is a browser setting in mozilla that is remembering the password and username and not authenticating me again. I deleted all the cookies, passwords, and history and it still wont work. Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening.

Thanks
Moiz Golawala