sys.stdin.readline()

Mike Maxwell maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 1 11:01:21 EDT 2004

I don't want to drag this out any longer.  Thanks to all the posters.
Several mentioned that one-liners tend to both get re-used and to grow
to multiple lines, and that that implied that maybe the notion of a
one-liner was faulty.  This may be true, and I may find myself doing
exactly what they suggest--building Unicode-aware versions of grep, sed,
and tr (hopefully not awk :-)).  Time will tell.

Thank you also to Simon B. (simon at brunningonline.net) for pointing me to
his one-liner implementation, which is much better than I {w|c}ould have
done.

	Mike Maxwell