Xah Lee's Unixism

Coby Beck cbeck at mercury.bc.ca
Fri Sep 10 14:18:33 EDT 2004

"Alan Balmer" <albalmer at att.net> wrote in message
news:1oh3k01cieht04nmfo27pvihg8teme0mdt at 4ax.com...
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:13:56 +0200, Morten Reistad
> <firstname at lastname.pr1v.n0> wrote:
>
> >>However Bush is demonstrably poor.  He ignored the warnings from
> >>the CIA, FBI, outgoing Clinton administration about imminent
> >>attacks.  He was focused on attacking Saddam and Iraq from the
> >>first, and perverted 9/11 into that at the earliest opportunity.
> >>He has offended many more than most of his predecessors.  I will
> >>say that he seems to have learned the names of some foreign
> >>leaders since being elected.
> >
> >Bush has had an agenda all right; but I don't quite get what it is.
> >
> And, of course, entertaining the possibility that his agenda is just
> what he says it is, is completely out of the question.

Not out of the question, be obviously untrue.

"We must invade Iraq to remove the threat of a madman with WMD"
--> Inspectors were inside Iraq looking already.
--> N. Korea was boasting about its nuclear program and firing
    test missles all over the place.
--> Not a stick of said WMD has been found since invading.

"We must save the Iraqi people from a ruthless dictator"
--> since Hussein is just one of scores of such monsters and Iraq
    was the country chosen, this can not be the reason.

"We must fight terrorism"
--> The hunt for Osama, known to be NOT IN Iraq was practically dropped
    to invade Iraq.
--> Everyone outside of the Fox news network knows there was never any
    link from Iraq to Osama.
--> Terrorism is now a big problem in Iraq where it was not before.