How Can I overide a function in an existing class

Eddie edstar at optonline.net
Tue Sep 14 20:39:24 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am using ZSI SOAP library for a web service. My service runs fine,
but it outputs a line

localhost - - [14/Sep/2004 20:21:55] "POST / HTTP/1.1" 200 -

every time the web service is accessed. I traced it down to the
BaseHTTPServer.log_message function that the ZSI Soap library uses for
the web server.

I want to turn this service into a windows NT service and I need to
stop the program from outputing the line.

I cannot make a new class derived from BaseHTTPServer and override the
log_message function because I can't change the web server object used
by ZSI.

I also can't redirect stderr because the service messes with stdout
and error already.

I have changed the BaseHTTPServer.py file to do what I want and
included it in the directory with my service. This works, but there
has to be a better way.

Is there some other way to override the function?

Thanks in advance for any help

Eddie