Wrapping Python ?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Sep 25 22:00:14 EDT 2004

Cameron Laird wrote:
> Exactly:  taking care of shared libraries as you describe (I *think*
> Starkits currently assume responsibility for writing 'em into the
> real file system, and loading from there) (and, yes, I know that
> has security consequences) is one of Starkit's benefits.  Peter, it
> really is neat beyond belief.

It may be neat, but it doesn't even seem to match the OP's own
requirements, which include this statement: "a single executable without
... files needing to be written out to the local disk before execution"

If, on the other hand, one permits that behaviour, then I doubt
that a py2exe + UPX (or whatever that beast is called) solution
would be about the same, if not arriving with such a killer name. :-)

-Peter