Conversion of String to Date Type

Keith Bolton Keith.Bolton at batescapital.com
Fri Sep 17 14:19:12 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I've joined the wxPython list, but this is my first post on the python
list and it's good to be here :^)  Anyway...

My question is relating to Date equality.  I am checking if two string
representations of dates are less than or equal to eachother. The issue
that I am having is that the date strings, ex.
09/15/04 is evaluated as > 09/14/04.  However, when the last two digits
for the year are changed, like this 09/15/04  is considered > 09/15/05.
I thought this had something to do with evaluating two strings.  Could
this be the case, if so does someone know of a way to convert those
strings into a Date type object?

I look forward to hearing all of your feedback, thanks in advance.

Keith Bolton