PIL - ImageGrab - ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

Askari askari at addressNonValide.com
Mon Sep 6 13:00:13 EDT 2004

Hi,
    I have this error when I want snashot of my screen with :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Assembleur_MAN\Bureau\CasseTete
(PyGame).py", line 1121, in ?
    import ImageGrab
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\PIL\ImageGrab.py", line 29, in ?
    grabber = Image.core.grabscreen
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 39, in
__getattr__
    raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

Where I can find the '_imaging C module'?

System :
   OS     : WinXP pro service pack 1
   CPU    : 2.8Ghz
   RAM    : 1Gig