ANN: WxInter

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 7 23:18:44 EDT 2004

    Ed> Good points. The thing to do, IMHO, would be to improve
    Ed> wxWindows/wxPython to provide the text and canvas widget
    Ed> functionality, and then move with the WxInter idea to use it as a
    Ed> path for abandoning TkInter.

FWIW, Gtk has a TextView widget with functionality similar to the Tk text
widget.  The Gtk folks have no desire to adopt the model the Tk text widget
uses (I asked once upon a time), but you may be able to paper over most
common differences in Python (I suspect a 100% replacement will be
challenging).  I did something along these lines for some contract work a
couple years ago.  My former employer is heavily open source oriented and
can probably be convinced to release that code without much problem.

Skip