TWAIN module

Tomas Christiansen toc-01-nospam at blikroer.dk
Sun Sep 26 11:59:00 EDT 2004

Hank Fay skrev:
> I believe that's a security policy issue which is optional; usually what
one
> would do is have the network admins create a user capable of using that
> service from outside that machine; and then impersonate that user when
> scanning.

No, no, no :-)

Some (ANY) user MUST be logged on to the workstation connected to the
scanner for a TWAIN-scan to be successful. If the Python program is running
as a Windows 2000 service (controlled by a VB6 program of my own, spawning
the Python program), the service MUST have access to the desktop (so it MUST
run under local system account).

It's very anoying!

-------
Tomas