Xah Lee's Unixism

John W. Kennedy jwkenne at attglobal.net
Sat Sep 4 13:47:20 EDT 2004

Rupert Pigott wrote:
> I would hope that Morton Thiokol's experience at building a diverse
> range of rockets might have been a factor in the decision too.

I would hope so too, but that isn't how it happened.  In history as it
actually went, the Morton-Thiokol design came in a distant fourth, and
the White House ordered NASA to try again, but this time come up with
the "right" answer.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have