Xah Lee's Unixism

Jack Peacock peacock at simconv.com
Fri Sep 10 15:35:02 EDT 2004

"Alan Balmer" <albalmer at att.net> wrote in message
news:3fh3k0tnumgcvdd89h8jbbnc2j92t97i76 at 4ax.com...
> Can you point to the international agreement which allows Canadian
> citizens to be thrown into US jails for the stated offense?

Canada does extradite to the US on a case by case basis, if there is no
death penalty (though there has been at least one exception to that
condition too).  However, I can't see a Liberal government ever extraditing
based on information obtained by farmed out medical records.  More likely
the RCMP would come round for a polite conversation.

Unless they were french speaking immigrants living in Quebec.  I believe the
law grants them a presumption of innocence *in spite of* evidence to the
contrary.
  Jack Peacock