Xah Lee's Unixism

Alan Balmer albalmer at att.net
Fri Sep 3 17:17:25 EDT 2004

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:22:55 -0600, Anne & Lynn Wheeler
<lynn at garlic.com> wrote:

>Alan Balmer <albalmer at att.net> writes:
>> No, because they were *not* manufactured on the launch pad.
>> Transportation would be required from any other place - in Utah or
>> not.
>>
>> Even if they were manufactured on the launch pad, there would be
>> more than one piece.
>
>as mentioned in the earlier post ..

Your earlier post mentioned a unattributed "claim" and unattributed
"assertions", and extrapolated from there. I didn't take it as gospel.

Especially since a space shuttle is a rather complex object, and a
blithe assertion that it could be built as a "single unit" seems a bit
far-fetched.

I'm not a fan of Mr Hatch, but blaming him for the shuttle disaster(s)
is somewhat over the top. Why not blame President Bush? That's the
popular thing nowadays.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting