How to actually write a program?

Nick Evans nick at huff.org.uk
Fri Sep 3 17:29:36 EDT 2004

Hello there,
I have been on and off learning to code (with python being the second
language I have worked on after a bit of BASIC). What I really want to know
is, if you are going to actually write a program or a project of some sort,
how do you actually start.

Picture this, you know what you want the program to do (its features), you
have a possably rough idea of how the program will work. You have opened an
empty text file and saved it as 'mykewlprogram.py' and now your sitting in
front of an empty text file... Now then.... where do I start.

Any ideas about this problem :-)

Ta
Nick