Ranting about the state of Python IDEs for Windows

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Tue Sep 14 19:24:16 EDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:45:45 -0400, Rob McCrea

>> My search for a good IDE ended years ago when I started learning
>> C++, and found EditPlus, http://www.editplus.com/  --  $30, free
>> 30 day trial
>
> Reading your feature list, it seems to be missing project management,
> or to put it simply, to be able to track down what files are part of
> the project without the need to actually walk around the directory
> tree to hunt them down. I'll check it out, nonetheless.

Take a look at the Zeus for Windows programmers editor:

   http://www.zeusedit.com/lookmain.html

Zeus has a full project/workspace manager and supports Python, C/C++
and almost any other programming language.

Some of the other programming features include:

  + Code completion and intellisensing
  + Integrated class browser
  + Fully configurable syntax highlighting
  + Seamless FTP editing
  + Integrated version control using the Microsoft Source Code
     Control (SCC) interface, including CVS integration.
  + Quick Help context sensitive help engine
  + Fully scriptable using Python

Jussi Jumppanen
http://www.zeusedit.com