Menu events handling

Yves Daoust yves.daoust at tiscali.be
Wed Sep 8 03:40:46 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am rather new to Python but a skilled programmer anyway.

I am working on a prototype application that has a main menu with
cascaded sub-menus and commands. I'd like that even handlers be called
whenever the user sweeps the mouse cursor over a menu item or clicks
any menu item (command or not).

I have assigned functions as 'command' or 'postcommand' options of my
menu objects, but this does not give the intended effect.

I have tried to bind different events (<Enter> / <Activate> /
<FocusIn>...) to these, but none seems to work (even after setting
'takefocus' to true).

Can anyone help ?

        Yves